APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED FOR 2017 INTAKE. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER ON IN THE YEAR FOR OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOR 2018 INTAKE.
Fancy A Career In Engineering?
Do you want….
- The best practical training
- Help to find a job within the industry
- A chance to earn while you learn
- A challenging and rewarding career
- Nationally accredited industry qualifications
- A route into higher education
HETA Can Offer You This And Much More!
View the video below to see what our apprentices make of the HETA apprenticeship programme
What apprenticeships we offer
Across our three sites based in Hull, Stallingborough and Scunthorpe we offer apprenticeships in:
- Fabrication / Welding
- Process Operations*
*HETA are now working in partnership with Hull College for the delivery of Process Operations apprenticeship from our site at CATCH, Stallingborough. This is part of a programme for the SIAC (Science Industries Apprenticeship Consortium) which is a group of employers who have come together to design a programme that suits all of their needs. Applicants who wish to apply for the Process Operations apprenticeship need to apply via HETA and come through the HETA recruitment process. If selected by the employers via the Company Open Day then the Process Apprentices would attend Hull College @ CATCH for the training.
What you’ll study
During their first year students will complete:
NVQ Level 2 units
Employee rights & responsibilities
Personal learning & thinking skills
Functional skills Maths / English
VRQ Level 3 (technical certificate)
During Years 2 & 3 Students complete a:
NVQ Level 3 (on the job competency assessments)
All potential applicants must go through our 6 step recruitment process, details of which can be found here
For September 2017 intake;
APPRENTICESHIP APPLICATIONS HAVE NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK LATER ON IN THE YEAR FOR OUR RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOR 2018 INTAKE.
- All of our students come out with a Level 3 qualification or above
- HETA trains for over 250 engineering companies in the Humber region
- Last year HETA found 97% of their students employment within their first year
- 49% of our apprentices start a higher education course in their second year and a further 19% started in year 3
- Upon completion of their apprenticeship over 98% of our students go into full time employment
See below for more details about apprenticeships in general:
Information for parents about the benefits of apprenticeships and the opportunities they provide
Find out what it’s like to be an apprentice – the opportunities, benefits and just how far an apprenticeships can take you.
A checklist to help you search and apply for an apprenticeship.
NAS Director Sue Husband joined by apprentices and employers offer you helpful tips, advice and examples of how to succeed in an apprenticeship.