We have been following government guidelines on the closure of the HETA centres. The safety of our learners and staff is paramount to us - hence the decision to close the training centres in March.
However, as restrictions will ease in the upcoming weeks, we are now looking at plans to resume some level of practical training for our learners to continue with their training and education.
HETA need to make sure our learners get the practical training they require in order to complete their programme of study and to progress with their qualifications and so in our return to work, we will be following the lead of industry as well as the education sector.
On this basis, we are looking at a return date of 1st June 2020 for learners to resume some level of practical training. Theory lessons will continue to be delivered at home. We will continue to monitor the situation closely and should this date need to be changed based on guidance from the government we will update the website and social media.
In order for us to safely return to work and for learners to come into the centre for practical training we have put the following measures in place:
- Theory lessons will continue at home (They will only come in for practical training)
- Learners will only be in for a maximum of two days per week
- Only half of the learners will be on site at a time to reduce numbers down to manageable levels
- Designated areas have been set up to reduce and avoid contact with other learners/staff
- Hand wash and sanitising stations have been set up in the training centres
- Maximum occupancy limits in rooms will be enforced
- A 'one-way' system has been put into place
- Areas have all been signed and cautioned (i.e Keep to the left, No Entry)
- A robust Social Distancing policy for learners and staff to be adhered to at all times
- A set of risk assessments have been created
- PPE stock (i.e gloves, masks) has been bought for the use of both staff and learners
From 1st June 2020, training courses will also be able to proceed, however we will have strict safety measures in place like above to ensure we adhere to social distancing at all times. One of the restrictions will be reduced numbers on each course for the foreseeable future.
Our Higher National programmes will continue remotely.
To view our Social Distancing Policy- please click here
To view our COVID19 risk assessment- please click here
Application Deadline for Apprenticeship Programme
Applications for our apprenticeship programme for September 2020 are now closed.
Application Testing and Interviews
All recruitment testing and interviews was been postponed and have been conducted via telephone. Online recruitment tests have also been conducted.
Due to the governments advice about social distancing and mass gatherings, HETA have made the decision to cancel all upcoming open evenings until further notice.
Company Open Days
The company open days have now been rescheduled and we will now be holding a virtual open day in June.
For any queries in regards to our recruitment process or the status of your application, please email email@example.com
Higher National Learners-
Until further notice HETA will be closed for all HE lessons. Teaching resources for all subjects & qualifications will be available on Moodle & it is expected that learners follow their normal timetable via self-study; we will also be supporting the online Moodle resources via individual and group tutorials with your tutor using Microsoft Teams.
Please contact Graham.Taylor@heta.co.uk in relation to any queries.
Applications for our HN programmes are open and you can apply via https://www.heta.co.uk/hnc-hnd
Adult Upskill Courses-
From 1st June 2020, training courses will also be able to proceed, however we will have strict safety measures in place to ensure we adhere to social distancing at all times. One of the restrictions will be reduced numbers on each course for the foreseeable future.