IOSH Managing Safely
This training programme is designed for any individual who has organisational responsibilities for managing health and safety risks, resources and workplace practices.
Once complete, it provides an excellent foundation for further study for those looking to pursue a career in health and safety and gain qualifications accredited by the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH).
Course duration - 3 Days
Course price - £350.00 per person
Course Objectives / Content:
1. Introducing Managing safely Some managers may see health and safety as an add-on to their role – even an intrusion. The first module makes it clear that managers are accountable for their teams, and makes a persuasive case for managing safely.
2. Assessing risks This module defines and demystifies ‘risk’ and ‘risk assessment’. Risk assessments and a simple scoring system are introduced, and delegates carry out a series of assessments.
3. Controlling risk Here the session tackles cutting risks down, concentrating on the best techniques to control key risks, and how to choose the right method.
4. Understanding your responsibilities This module looks at the demands of the law and how the legal system works, and introduces a health and safety management system.
5. Identifying hazards All the main issues any operation has to deal with are covered in this module – entrances and exits, work traffic, fire, chemicals, electricity, physical and verbal abuse, bullying, stress, noise, housekeeping and the working environment, slips, trips and falls, working at height, computers and manual handling.
6. Investigating accidents and incidents The session starts with why accidents should be investigated, and goes on to cover why things go wrong, and how to carry out an investigation when they do.
7. Measuring performance This module explains how checking performance can help to improve health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators, and get to grips with auditing and proactive and reactive measuring.
8. Protecting our environment A short but effective introduction to waste and pollution leads into a look at how organisations and individual managers can get involved in cutting down environmental impacts.
Please note - These prices are exclusive of VAT. On booking 20% will be added to the price of the course.