E- City & Guilds 18th Edition (2382-18)
This 4 day electrical training course will enable you to gain familiarity with the layout, content and application of BS 7671:2018 - 18th Edition Regulations. This Certificate ensures you are up-to-date with the latest industry regulations on wiring and the safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. This course is entirely theory based and is completed by way of an online multiple choice open book exam.
Course duration - 4 Days
Course price - £545.00 per person
The 18th edition course is aimed at practicing electricians, electrical contractors and those who require to have a good working knowledge of BS 7671. The aim of this 4 day electrical training course is to gain familiarity with the layout, content and application of the BS 7671: 2018 18th Edition Regulations. It is intended to ensure that on completion of this course, individuals are conversant with the format, content and the application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 2018 18th Edition Regulations. A basic understanding of electrical principles is recommended in order to be successful on this course.
- Scope, object and fundamental principles
- Assessment of general characteristics
- Protection for safety
- Selection and erection of equipment
- Inspection and testing
- Special installations or locations
Changes for 18th Edition are suggested to be as follows:
- Protection against overvoltages - Clause 443 is likely to be overhauled
- Protection against fire - Chapter 42 will be updated with extra information on arc fault detection
- Electrical Embedded heating - Section 753 will be extended to include embedded electrical heating systems for surface heating, and will include de-icing and frost prevention systems
- Energy efficiency - There will be a brand new section covering energy efficiency
We do recommend that if you want to keep abreast of the pending changes and confirmed dates for implementation, you take the time to read BS 7671: the 18th Edition report https://electrical.theiet.org/wiring-matters/issues/61/bs-7671-the-18th-edition-report/
Please note - These prices are exclusive of VAT. On booking 20% will be added to the price of the course.